Hi, my name is Diane. I am a visual artist who works in watercolour, gouache, pastel and oil. I am also a qualified teacher (BEd) and I teach art “one on one”.
This qualification and a individual tailored approach enables superior learning outcomes for the student compared to multi-student classes where the individual outcomes can vary greatly.
You will gain the skills and techniques to create your very own artistic style with broad subject types, not just the skills or techniques favoured by other providers.
Extensive notes and relevant handouts are also included for each session, to eliminate the need for taking notes while engaged in learning. This allows more time for practice during class and content you can review at a later date.
I conduct these sessions in my private studio/gallery, “Now and Then Fine Art”. It is light and airy, quiet, private and provides an ideal learning environment. On-street free parking is available right outside, giving easy access to the studio.
I have been an artist all my life, and have developed a distinctive, contemporary style in painting and drawing:
- Still Life
I consider myself fortunate to be able to work as an artist and teach a subject that I love passionately. I continually hone both my artistic and teaching skills through training courses and workshops. I strive to continually improve my artwork and I enjoy sharing this passion with my students.
I exhibit and sell my work through:
- Commission (private and corporate)
- My studio gallery, “Now and Then Fine Art Gallery”
- Major art shows
- Years 8 to 12 High school Art Studies, Mt Isa
- Bachelor of Education, University of Queensland
- Queensland College of Art
- Macgregor Summer School Workshops
- Continuous self education through professional art magazines, books and DVD’s
- Masterclass workshops with professional artists through the Qld Watercolour Society and Yurrara Art Society. Some examples, John Lovett, Ian de Souza, Joseph Zbukiv, Rex Bacchus- Smith, Renee Bolton, Judy Pomeranz..
- Member of Yurrara Art Society and Logan Artists association
- Regularly visit local galleries and national exhibitions
Exhibitions and Sales
- Annual Combined Rotary Exhibition, Eagle Street, Brisbane
- Portrait commissions and custom-made contemporary designs for private customers
- “Passion by Design” Art exhibition at Logan Gallery as a successful recipient of a Logan City Council RADF grant.
- “Original6” Exhibition, Graydon Gallery, New Farm
- “Now and Then Fine Art Studio” Open Studio Events
- Logan Art Gallery Collection – “Cyclist”
- North Logan Library – “Crystal Dewdrops”
- Multiple Private Owner Collections – References supplied on request.