Hi, my name is Diane. I am a visual artist who works in watercolour, gouache, pastel and oil. I am also a qualified teacher, and I teach watercolour and drawing to small groups of students, so everyone gets the attention they need to progress. I conduct these sessions in my private studio/gallery, “Now and Then Fine Art”. It is light, airy, quiet and private, and has a lovely area for students’ afternoon tea by the garden and pool. Parking is right outside the studio and is free and easy to access.
I have been an artist all of my life, and have developed a distinctive, contemporary style in painting and drawing:
- Still Life
I consider myself fortunate to be able to work as an artist, and have undertaken many courses and workshops to become more skilled in my artwork.
I exhibit and sell my work through:
- Commission (private and corporate)
- My studio gallery, “Now and Then Fine Art Gallery”
- Major art shows
- Years 8 to 12 High school Art Studies, Mt Isa
- Bachelor of Education, University of Queensland
- Queensland College of Art
- Macgregor Summer School Workshops
- Continuous self education through professional art magazines, books and DVD’s
- Masterclass workshops with professional artists through the Qld Watercolour Society and Yurrara Art Society. Some examples, John Lovett, Ian de Souza, Joseph Zbukiv, Rex Bacchus- Smith, Renee Bolton, Judy Pomeranz..
- Member of Yurrara Art Society and Logan Artists association
- Regularly visiting local galleries and national exhibitions
Exhibitions and Sales
- Annual Combined Rotary Exhibition, Eagle Street, Brisbane
- Portrait commissions and custom-made contemporary designs for private customers
- “Passion by Design” Art exhibition at Logan Gallery as a successful recipient of a Logan City Council RADF grant.
- “Original6” Exhibition, Graydon Gallery, New Farm
- “Now and Then Fine Art Studio” Open Studio Events
- Logan Art Gallery Collection – “Cyclist”
- North Logan Library – “Crystal Dewdrops”
- Multiple Private Owner Collections – References supplied on request.